10+ Homemade Organic Face Mask Recipes To Brighten Your Skin
Let me tell you! A spick and span, radiant, flawless, and simply glowing skin is your (and everyone’s) dream skin. According to a survey from 2019, 82.5% of women agree that;
Brighter and glowing skin is the most important characteristic that defines beauty!
Well, let us be honest. Almost every one of us has tried products that glow skin at some point in our lives. But, prolonged use of such products may not be possible for many of us, especially if you have sensitive skin that doesn’t do well with chemicals in products. And that is where organic and homemade face masks for glowing skin come to the rescue!
Let us explore the best face masks for glowing skin at home–all DIY, straight from your kitchen, but ridiculously effective!
Ingredients that promise glowing skin
This tangy citrus is a powerhouse of antioxidants such as vitamin C. There is a long list of what lemon can do to your skin!
- Lemon fights free radicals
- It boosts up collagen in your skin
- Lightens or bleaches your skin (thanks to citric acid, which is an AHA)
- Thus, it glows your skin, lightening dull areas
- Fades dark spots
- Removes excess oil and sebum (say bye-bye acne!)
Best For; Oily Skin
That makes it a holy grail when it comes to glowing skin naturally.
Here is what makes tomatoes one of the best face masks for glowing skin;
- It gently exfoliates dead skin. Thus, newer skin cells get up to the top! It is safer than many harsh exfoliators on the market.
- Also, it reduces skin oil.
- No more clogged pores. As it gently removes dead skin, it also deep cleanses pores.
- The flavonoids in tomatoes calm down irritated skin.
Best for; Sensitive skin, oily skin
Turmeric (my grand mum swears by it!)
Turmeric is a part of daily spices in Asia. You can find it everywhere without a hassle. The beauty of turmeric is that it counters inflammation on your skin. Also, it knocks down the free radicals-the root cause of dull skin.
- Turmeric may help with acne. That is because it soothes your skin against breakouts
- It may reduce dark circles and puffiness under your eyes by improving the blood flow
- Also, turmeric protects your skin from skin hazards outdoors (pollution, dirt, and grime)
- Turmeric helps nourish dry skin and regulates sebum on your skin
Best for; All skin types (including sensitive skin!)
Organic honey is a great source to balance, hydrate, and brighten your skin. Here is why you should use honey for glowing skin:
- Intensely moisturizing. Honey hydrates your skin without leaving it oilier. It hydrates your skin from the top layers all e way up to the deeper dermis!
- It makes your skin look younger. Reclaim your youth with this natural, easy-to-use DIY skin care ingredient. Organic honey is rich in antioxidants that repair skin, control the appearance of fine lines, and prevent wrinkles, by and large, under the eye area.
- Soothes and calm your skin. Organic honey calms down a stressed-out skin. Why? Because it is a rich source of vitamins that act against skin redness and swelling. Some authorities believe it to be effective for eczema and psoriasis too.
- Honey regulates skin pH. Surprisingly, honey is a source of organic bacteria that balance your skin and optimize its pH. Thus, it makes your skin stabilize its natural barrier. Also, this prevents skin breakouts, making your skin supple and flawless.
- Fights against bacteria. The use of honey as a natural antiseptic is not new. The anti-microbial properties allow it to fight your skin against bacteria.
- Honey fades acne scars. That is because it accelerates the skin healing process.
The incredible effects of honey on the face also depend on its sources. Shop for organic honey here!
Best For; All skin types (mainly drier skin)
Yogurt is a rich probiotic that restores your skin to default settings! Here is how;
- Yogurt contains lactic acid. Lactic acid is a gentle exfoliator. It removes dead skin without irritating, leaving your skin more supple, glowing, and radiating.
- Yogurt is full of probiotics that maintain the natural integrity of your skin barrier. No time for harmful bacteria to settle on and cause breakouts!
- Also, it makes your skin glow by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase. This enzyme forms melanin. Melanin is what pigments your skin. Thus, when you stop it, you get lesser melanin (thus lightening your skin).
- Yogurt also contains zinc and B vitamins. Both of them work well in fighting against free radicals.
Add them to your diet, apply them to your skin as a paste, or use almond oil; almond in every form does wonder to your skin. It is a storehouse of zinc, vitamin E, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Vitamin E nourishes your skin by fighting sun damage and environmental toxins, making it more supple, smooth, and radiant. Studies suggest that vitamin E reduces oxidative stress on your skin.
- Zinc heals your skin. It is a natural exfoliant, tons of which exist in almonds. Get rid of dull skin with this organic goodness of almonds, and rejuvenate your skin! Together, these antioxidants make your skin more youthful and; get that glam glow back.
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids directly affect skin texture and glow. Here is how! Both of them work by reducing, guess what, melanin! Isn’t it surprising that simple kitchen ingredients inhibit your melanin and reduce pigmentation?
Aloe vera is a plant of a drier climate. Thus, it stores a lot of moisture in it. So, if you want to hydrate your skin naturally, try aloe vera face masks.
Does aloe vera make my skin glow?
Yes! Aloe vera can make you glow. Also, it:
- lightens blemishes
- reduces under-eye dark circles
- lessens skin puffiness
Face Mask For An Instant Glowing Skin
No time for a long day at a spa? We got you covered! Try out our best face mask for an instant glow to your skin in three simple steps:
Make sure you cleanse your face before you apply a mask to it. Here is how you do it:
- Take a tablespoon of wheat flour.
- Add one tablespoon of Greek yogurt to it.
- Next, add a teaspoon of milk.
- Mix all of them to form a paste.
- Apply all over your face.
- Massage gently, and wash your face after about 5-7 minutes with cold water.
That cleanses your face thoroughly and prepares your skin for the next steps.
For an instant glow with a face mask, make sure you exfoliate your face before jumping to the final step.
- Take a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Add two tablespoons of dry milk powder to it.
- Next, add a tablespoon of yogurt.
- Drizzle 3-4 drops of fresh lemon juice.
- That is it! Mix all nicely. Apply all over your face for about 8-10 minutes. Wash your face.
Step-3 FACE MASK
Ready for the final step? Here is a sweet and short face mask recipe that promises an instant glow to your face:
- Take a tablespoon of milk.
- Add one teaspoon of green tea leaves to it. Or you can open up a green tea bag and use it.
- Next, add a tablespoon of almond powder. Or you can grind a few almonds to form a fine powder (make sure there is no moisture in it).
- Now, take a vitamin E capsule and open it up with a knife, taking out the oil.
- Put in 2-3 drops of coconut oil.
- Combine well. Apply liberally all over the face and neck. Wash it with water after about 15 minutes. Make sure you let it completely dry. And ta-dah! The best face mask for an instant glow is ready to brighten up your skin.
Homemade Face Mask for Glowing an Oily Skin
Here we have come up with a few of the best face masks for glowing an oily skin type, with these simple but super effective recipes:
- Take one ripened tomato and blend it to form a puree.
- Next, add two teaspoons of pomegranate seed paste to it.
- Combine and apply to your oily face. Leave it for about 20 minutes before washing.
Tomatoes are natural astringents that also control sebum production. Pomegranate seeds are a storehouse of antioxidants. Moreover, they shrink the appearance of pores.
- Take a bowl of yogurt/curd.
- Add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Next, add two tablespoons of cornmeal to it.
- Sprinkle some turmeric powder on it.
- Combine the ingredients well. Rinse with a warm towel or lukewarm water after about 15 minutes.
Tip: Use it as a face mask for glowing skin or body scrub!
- Take one cup of curd.
- Add a tablespoon of honey.
- Combine 5-6 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Next, add one tablespoon of jojoba oil.
- Mix everything well. Apply nicely all over your face. Wash your face after 20 minutes.
It is one of the best face masks for glowing oily skin, controls sebum, reduces acne breakouts, and lessens signs of aging.
- Take two tablespoons of Bentonite Clay.
- Add two tablespoons of yogurt to it.
- Next, add a pinch of turmeric to it.
- Top it up with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil.
- Combine to form a paste, adding a few drops of water if needed.
Bentonite clay heals skin enriched with antioxidants and minerals that repair acne-prone skin. Also, it keeps acne-causing bacteria at bay. Yogurt is a natural source of lactic acid that gently exfoliates and clears skin which is why it works best for oily skin.
- Take three tablespoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened).
- Add a tablespoon of fresh cream.
- Put in two teaspoons of honey.
- Pour one-fourth cup of milk (you can use skimmed milk) into it.
- Mix well to form a paste.
All these ingredients work well to keep your skin oil production in check! Additionally, this is one of the best homemade face masks for dull skin, as it reduces blemishes and fades pigmentation.
Homemade Face Mask for Glowing Dry Skin
- Take three tablespoons of orange juice.
- Add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel to it.
- Mix well. Apply it and let the goodness of the mask absorb in. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
The citrus juice is rich in vitamin C that makes your skin glowing by reducing signs of aging, pigmentation, and sunburns. Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer that wouldn’t let your skin dry out!
- Take half a tablespoon of kaolin powder.
- Add four tablespoons of any organic face cream.
- Combine well, adding a few drops of water if needed.
You can use this face mask weekly. Kaolin powder is a mild exfoliant, while face cream will help your skin lock in moisture.
- Take a tablespoon of oats in a bowl.
- Put in one tablespoon of honey.
- Combine well with one-fourth cup of milk.
- Press and squeeze out the excess fluid, if any.
- Gently massage it on your skin in circular motions. Wash after 15-20 minutes with lukewarm water.
It is one of the best face masks to glow a dry skin and reduce itchiness and pigmentation.
- Take one-fourth cup of carrot juice.
- Add two teaspoons of sour cream to it.
- Next, add one-fourth cup of cornstarch.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Apply a thin layer to your face. Wash after ten minutes.
This DIY remedy brightens your skin and boosts up the glow. Vitamin A present in carrot juice takes care of all the layers of your skin by:
- Preventing collagen breakdown (wouldn’t let your skin age or wrinkle)
- Enhances skin texture
- Lessen pigmentation
- Protects your skin from sun damage
Homemade Face Mask for Glowing Skin with Turmeric
Turmeric makes one of the best homemade face mask recipes. Here is how you can make one;
- One teaspoon turmeric
- Two tablespoons of chickpeas flour
- A tablespoon yogurt
- A teaspoon of honey
- One teaspoon lemon juice (skip if you have dry skin)
Combine all the ingredients well. Apply to your face. Wash with plain water once it completely dries off. Use it 2-3 times a week for the best results!
Turmeric, with other natural ingredients, makes your skin radiant and glowy. Also, you will notice your skin to experience fewer breakouts. Thanks to the antioxidants present in turmeric!
Alternatively, you can try a homemade face mask for glowing skin with turmeric this way:
- A pinch of turmeric
- Half teaspoon cucumber juice
- One teaspoon of rose water
Mix well. Wait for 15 minutes. Wash with water without using soap. This face mask recipe is the best face mask for sensitive skin. All the ingredients used are proven to calm down a stressed-out skin!
Homemade Face Mask for Glowing Skin with Honey
Honey makes one of the best face masks for glowing skin! Here is a simple step by step guide to using a honey face mask for skin glow:
- Take a tablespoon of raw honey in a bowl.
- Add four tablespoons of jojoba oil to it.
- Mix well. Apply generously all over your face. Rinse off with plain water once it dries off.
This combo of honey with jojoba oil is simple and, at the same time, gives your skin a sure shot glow. That is because jojoba oil also glows and brightens skin.
Homemade Face Mask for Skin Glow With Aloe Vera
- Take two tablespoons of aloe gel.
- Add 6-8 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Combine well. Slather on all over your face. Wash with lukewarm water as it dries.
Both of these ingredients promise skin glow. You can use it combo thrice weekly.
Here you go! We have given you a comprehensive list of the best face masks for glowing skin at home with organic ingredients (step by step). These homemade face masks are incredibly simple to make and, at the same time, highly effective too.
Which of these remedies suits you best? Speak your heart below!